Sunday, May 11, 2008

Just a trifle


I hosted book group at my house the other day and made this yummy trifle for dessert. I thought I'd post the recipe , it's a great spring dessert and pretty too!

Strawberry Lemon Trifle

  • 8 ounces reduced fat cream cheese
  • 1 cup lemon nonfat yogurt
  • 2 cups skim milk
  • 1 (3.4 ounce) package instant lemon pudding mix
  • 2 packages fresh strawberries (32 ounces total), sliced(set aside a dozen slices for top)
  • 1 (10 inch) prepared (or from a mix) angel food cake
  • 1 (8 ounce) container light coolwhip topping


In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and yogurt. Add milk and pudding mix and beat for 2 minutes on medium. Put in fridge until needed. Tear angel food cake into 1 inch pieces. Place in layers in the dish: angel food cake, pudding mixture, strawberries. Layer until dish is almost full (I had two layers of each ingredient). On top of last layer spread cool whip and put the strawberries that were set aside on top around edge of bowl as decoration.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

YUM!!!! My mouth is watering!:)

Jules said...

The trifle was delicious! Thanks for posting the recipe.