Friday, May 23, 2008

Graduation Day

So Noah graduated from preschool today. Wow! He's growing up fast. I'm excited for him to go to Kindergarten but I'm going to be a little sad too. At the graduation they played that country song that goes something like "Let them be little for a little while." Or something like that. I think they play that song at all preschool graduations (at least that's my experience). Now, I am really not a fan of country music but I am a sap, especially when it comes to my kids, and that song always gets me a little weepy. The graduation had a train theme and instead of caps and gowns the kids wore train engineer hats and bandanas. It was cute.

After graduation I took Noah with me to the store and then I said we could go to McDonald's for a for a happymeal to celebrate graduation. So we go there and eat and then he puts his shoes in the shoe bin so he can go play. About twenty minutes later it's time to go so I tell him to get his flipflops on (he gets mad if I call his flipflops shoes, doesn't believe they're a kind of shoe- completely different things). He puts on his navy blue flipflop and then takes another flipflop out that is lighter blue, like the old flipflops he outgrew, and puts that one on. I tell him, take off that shoe and put your flipflop on. I don't want him wearing someone else's nasty shoe. Well we look all over for his other shoe but can't find it anywhere. Then I proceed to walk around the play area and look to see if there is another kid with two different kinds of flipflops on. After about five minutes I give up and say let's just go. Again he tries to put the light blue flipflop on and I tell him to take that shoe off and let's go home. He's worried because he doesn't have another shoe to wear across the parking lot and I tell him I'll carry him, so we take off. So we're driving home and he starts telling me about how he couldn't find his other flipflop so he put his old flipflop on. This never even occurred to me because my kids have always left the house with matching shoes on. I'm still not sure about the story and he seems a little vague on it himself, but we get home and there in the mudroom sitting right on top of a small pile of shoes is the other navy blue flipflop. So now I guess I get to check his feet for matching shoes (or flipflops) before we leave the house from now on!



Pictures Noah made me~ Me, Noah and Me



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

AHHHH! I love the pictures! Isn't time passing so fast? Wan't he just born?;)

Anonymous said...

I so loved the story of the shoes - er, flip flops. Children use such logic - it escapes us adults! Pity!!

Bradley Ray said...

Hilarious!!!

Things we can look forward to.