Thursday, February 26, 2009

Skatin'

So Tuesday we took the kids roller skating. It was Noah's first time roller skating and he pretty much hugged the wall with one hand while holding onto me with the other. Far more successful than last year's trip ice skating. By the end he had improved and was able to let go of the wall and just coast along while I held his hand. The girls were pretty good at it since they have in line skates at home and they've successfully ice skated before. Strangely enough, it seemed like ice skating was easier for them than roller skating was. I was having flashbacks of the early 1990's from seeing all the strobe lights and smelling the men's cologne (Obsession or Polo, do they still make that stuff?) Reminding me of all the dances I used to frequent back in the day. I also learned that when exiting the rink with your six year old holding your hand, one should quickly move out of the exit and the path of people skating out of the rink at 50 mph, knocking you down in seemingly slow motion like a couple of bowling pins.

9 comments:

Anne Chovies said...

Ahhh, little kids and skating. Such fun. You're right - lots of memories.

Kayleigh Mattison Hales said...

I think after all these years, I'd be skating like Noah!

Dorine said...

I thought skating was a spectator sport!! I love watching my kids skate and taking pictures.

Cindy said...

Dorine,
It is for Brent. Notice I didn't mention him. He was out of his skates in 10 minutes, watching from the sidelines! :)

Anonymous said...

Hey! I just tagged you on my blog, check it out!

Babbling Flower said...

Do you or Brent know when NPR's All Songs Considered is on the air?

Babbling Flower said...

Thank you! :) Hurry and update!

The Funky Bunch said...

Man...I loved roller skating growin up. Going with friends and flirting with boys. Ah, those were the days. Lol.

Unknown said...

it took me a moment, but yea I remember you. you have a beautiful family. looks like they keep you out of trouble.