Thursday, April 24, 2008

Ben Folds!

Last night Brent and I went to the Ben Folds concert at Salt Air. It was the first concert we've been to since we saw Tori Amos about twelve years ago. We had to stand outside in line for an hour and then stand two more hours through three boring local acts and Ben Lee (who I had only ever heard one song by, but he wasn't too bad.) Then finally Ben Folds came out and it was a great show. I love his music because he's such a great piano player and I've had this great love for good singers/pianists for years and I have this secret desire to be able to play the piano like that. His only problem is he has a bit of a foul mouth but Brent edits the profanity out when he burns CDs for me (yes, I've never bothered to learn to burn a CD and Brent enables my computer illiteracy.) Anyway it was so much fun despite my displeasure for crowds and the fact that I'm not used to standing for five hours straight. We decided we'll definitely have to go to another concert sometime in the next twelve years.

2 comments:

mommyshan said...

How fun!!! A good show is always worth the money, time and achey legs. Sweet you got to go!

Anonymous said...

Oh NO! Are you getting "Bad" Comments? I hope not!
I am glad you and Brent had a great time, although I can't imagine standing for that lon, anymore! Oh, the days of our youth!!!:)