Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Dear Santa!

So last Saturday was the ward Christmas party over at the church. It was a pretty good one I'd say. Noah was happy because we saw a girl eating kid approved macaroni and cheese (at least that's what we thought it was) and he didn't want the bread bowl and soup that was being offered. Nothing beats a warmish bowl of macaroni and cheese that's been sitting around for a while, right? Well when we got up there, there was no macaroni and cheese so it must have been all gone since we waited ten minutes to get in line. So Noah was very upset and didn't like his soup or bread bowl once the soup was in it. So, anyhoo, Noah is all upset and I'm done eating so I take him out to the hall to get some air. We were out there for a minute and he's still crying a little (he must have been tired, he's not usually that over dramatic). Then a door opens and what to our wondering eyes should appear? Santa Claus, of course. Minus the eight, tiny reindeer. So Noah sees Santa and Santa sees Noah and gives him this look that says, you want to meet me? Well come on over! So I ask Noah if he wants to come over and he says no. He wants to go out to the parking lot and see if the reindeer are there. Well I couldn't take him out to see the reindeer of course. We didn't have jackets on! That would be silly! So Santa goes in the cultural hall to see all the kids and after a minute I talk Noah into going in. Then of course, like everyone else we have to go stand in a long, confusing line and I'm smacking my head thinking, he was there! Santa was right there ten feet away from us with no kids in sight besides my own! And now here we are standing in the long line with every kid in the neighborhood! Now, who's being over dramatic? Finally, it's Noah's turn but he couldn't think of what he wanted for Christmas so I whisper transformer in his ear. He tells Santa transformer and then Santa asks, which transformer, Optimus Prime? (Is that the right name?) Some other kind I can't remember? That's me who can't remember, not Santa. Santa's smart and I think he was The Santa Claus because he had a real white beard that looked very authentic and had a very "Santa" vibe about him. So neither of us know which transformer because we know nothing about transformers except that Noah had fun playing with them at his friend Nick's house. Meanwhile, everyone is getting their dessert. Which looked like a lovely selection of cheesecakes and eclairs. We finish up and grab the little goody bags Santa was kind enough to give to all the boys and girls. Isabella and Zoe lucked out and didn't have to work for their goody bag. So we head over to the desserts and guess what? They are all gone! All gone. No dessert for me, darn. But the good thing was Noah had the goody bag and didn't notice the desserts were all gone so we didn't have a repeat of the macaroni and cheese incident. All in all, a highly successful evening!

4 comments:

Kayleigh Mattison Hales said...

Our ward party is this Saturday. Our bishop is all about making the youth work, so we have to go peel and cook 100 lbs. of potatoes! Ugh!

mommyshan said...

Sounds like alls well that ends well! Thank goodness for goodie bags.

Alicia said...

OH no! No mac n' cheese and no dessert! That is horrible. Seriously. Especially the dessert part. But, Noah did get to see Santa, so that makes it all worth it. Next year, get in line first! That is my plan anyway.

The Funky Bunch said...

Ok, my kids were totally bummed they didn't get mac and cheese either. And they're not soup and breadbowl kids, so they left hungry. AND...I didn't get dessert either. I was totally bummed. Ashlee wouldn't go up and see Santa, for whatever reason.