Friday, November 28, 2008

Seven Years

What were you doing seven years ago today? We were moving into our new home! Actually, I don't know the exact date but it was the day after Thanksgiving, 2001. A lot has changed since we moved here. When we moved in it was just me, Brent, and our two little girls. Now we've got three kids in elementary school! Aaaah! How time flies! I remember when we were choosing our house plan we decided to go with this rambler, they called it The Eaton, because we didn't have any plans to move anytime soon and we wanted a house we could live in indefinitely. So this plan gave us a full basement to eventually expand our two bedroom home. The rambler also would work well if we decided to stay here 'til we were old and gray and no longer able to climb stairs. We were thinking waaay ahead. So here it is seven years later and I guess we made a good choice because we are still here and may be here 'til we're old and gray for all we know! We expanded that two bedroom house by finishing the basement and now we have five bedrooms, 2 1/2 bathrooms, an art room, family room and the rest of the stuff we had to begin with along with all the other cosmetic changes (flooring, lighting, fence, etc.) Pretty good deal, huh? I think we made a good choice here. What's not to love about our town? You really couldn't pick a better place to raise a family. Right? And I love this house. Every few months I get the moving bug and start looking at houses on the internet. Then I walk through my house, assuming it's clean that day, and I think, this is a great house, I can't leave it! I'm good for a few more months. It's just a passing idea, not anything we ever seriously consider. The kids are happy about that. Who knows, life may take us somewhere else somewhere down the line, but until then we'll be here, happily hanging out in our just right house in our great neighborhood.


Then
Actually this was spring of 2003, the pictures from when we moved in, in 2001, were taken on our old non-digital camera and they haven't been scanned in. But you get the idea.
Look at our cute little plants!



2008
Now with Monster Plants!

9 comments:

Dorine said...

You have a beautiful home. I am glad that you are able to feel permenant. That is a really nice feeling I think.

Dorine said...

Did you have a good Thanksgiving? We did. It was great to have the family here. :)

Cindy said...

We had a great Thanksgiving with Brent's mom and some other family. You must have a pretty big crowd these days!

Kayleigh Mattison Hales said...

I can't remember that far back! I probably ate turkey and sweet potatoes that day though.

Anne Chovies said...

How interesting to see how the landscaping has grown over the years. Its so nice to have a place that feels like home.

The Funky Bunch said...

We love it here too. It'll be 3 years for us this week. CRAZY! That's so cool how much your plants grew. We're glad you guys live here!

Ware Family said...

I was surprised to hear that your street had even been built for seven years. I thought it was much newer than that. Your house still looks super new.
I will be glad when we live somewhere for seven years!
And by the way, my girls are identical. I was shocked to find that out because they have such different faces to me.

Marc Gingell said...

Good for you! I loved SP but not the house. We grew out of it way too quick and then got priced out of our own neighborhood! :( Oh well. We went with a rambler this time too. LOVE IT!

The Evans Family said...

hey Cindy - you have an adorable home. And you're so right about Stansbury - if it weren't for our townhome situation, we'd probably still be there.