Wednesday, September 24, 2008

FINALLY! A Convincing Reason To Give Up Ice Cream

I like ice cream. It's probably my favorite treat. But after listening to this story on the news I think I'm through with ice cream. Those wacky kids at PETA (People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals) have sent Ben & Jerry's a letter requesting they stop getting their milk from cows and start using human breast milk. Apparently some restaurant in Europe is doing it. Sure, the babies will love it but it just about makes me want to lose the ice cream I had for lunch today! I'm not kidding, I had ice cream for lunch.

11 comments:

misskate said...

Yeah, I saw that too!! I'm a little weirded out by that whole concept. I'm hoping that Ben&Jerry's doesn't make that a world wide policy.. I may have to switch to some brand a little less... crazy.

THE KLENK FAMILY said...

YUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cindy said...

I don't even want to think about where they're going to get all that milk!

Anonymous said...

Gross, and to think I fed that to some of my children. DISGUSTING!

Traci S. said...

So what are you saying Mom? I believe I'm the only one you fed it to and I turned out alright. Right? . . . Hello? . . .

Anonymous said...

That is WRONG! Breast milk is for BABIES!!! Peta has some things right, but this is crazy!!!

The Funky Bunch said...

LOVE the new background....so cute! That is so gross. I can't believe that. Nasty! My mother-in-law told me I always had cream or buttermilk, so too bad they weren't doing this when I was breastfeeding...I could have made a lot of money!

Anne Chovies said...

I guess this shows why the majority of people don't take PETA seriously. This is way out there. If all that breast milk were to go into ice cream what's left for the babies?

Unknown said...

Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww! And Ew again!

Ritsumei said...

Eeeeeewwwwwwww!!!

Tiffany said...

I think any crazy notions from PETA should be ignored ESPECIALLY this one, disgusting!!!!