Sunday, July 20, 2008

Crazy Summer

Well summer is cruising along. School starts in one month from tomorrow! I can't believe it. I thought I'd update on what we've been up to for the past month.


The Monday after we got back from our Southern Utah vacation Brent and I decided to take the kids to Lagoon since Brent had one more day off before he had to get back to work. We didn't tell the kids we were going until they got up that morning. They were very excited about the surprise and Isabella was extra happy because she has trouble sleeping when something exciting is happening the next day. My favorite ride was this ride pictured above. It went in circles and you had to go up and down and try to avoid getting wet. It was like being in a video game. There was this recording of this guy with this weird voice talking about the ride while you're waiting in line and then he would sing the stupidest song while you were in the ride. For some reason I just found the whole ride hilarious!


We went hiking up South Willow canyon in the Stansbury mountains which was quite beautiful. Followed by a fun cookout.


Next came the Fourth of July where we continued our tradition of going to the Tooele parade. Sadly, this year they didn't have the float with the giant missile on it (only in Tooele). But they did have the the "Abstinence=Freedom" float with the giant wedding cake with the teenage bride and groom on top. Okay I admit it, the kids go to the parade to collect their giant bagful of candy and Brent and I go to make fun of everything! It's all in good fun!

I was lucky to have family in town this month but it wasn't a very lucky reason. My sisters Lynn and Kimberly and my nephews Josh and Matthew came to town for a funeral. Josh and Matthew's dad passed away (Kimberly hasn't been married to him for years). While it was great to see them it was very sad and the boys are still in my prayers.



Lynn stayed with us, as mentioned in a past blog, while the rest stayed with my Dad. As usual, I forgot to take pictures. So instead, I offer a picture of our deluxe guest accommodations in our basement guest/storage room enjoyed by Lynn during her stay.





The kids took swim lessons again. Isabella and Zoe were in level 3 while Noah was finally allowed into the big pool and out of the kiddie pool for level 1.


Zoe working on her summer "do"!


Brent spent a day kayaking on the Great Salt Lake with some friends from work. One guy decided to see what would happen if he stood up in his kayak. Of course it tipped over, dumped him in the lake, and filled his kayak with water (he was okay). Brent was too smart to try that trick.

So there you go, lots of pics, lots of happenings and still a month of summer to go!

1 comment:

mommyshan said...

Looks like you're having a fun and busy summer too! I love the hair... need to try that on Rae. We go to Grantsville's parade and pretty much do the same thing... gotta love small towns!