Saturday, November 7, 2009

TMBG

Brent and I went to see They Might be Giants in concert last night. I wasn't expecting a whole lot. We saw them once in '92 (incidentally, we were broken up at the time. Never date your ex while broken up, it's a sure fire way to end up married for 14 years with three kids.;) Anyway, I don't remember a ton about that show in '92, except for a bunch of accordion playing, of course. Fun time I think, not super memorable. So I just thought it would be: listen to some good music from way in the back where I would try to avoid being squished by pushy concert people. Turns out it was the funnest concert I have ever been to! The venue was very small and we were about twenty feet away from the stage. I swear John Linnell looked me in the eye. No one was pushy and obnoxious. The youngest looking person I noticed there looked to be about 25 so there were none of those obnoxious teenagers. Not that all teenagers are obnoxious, it's just that concerts seem to bring the obnoxious side out in them. It was just so fun, the music was great, they were funny, it was educational (how many concerts can you say that about?) There were even sock puppets for a few minutes (Part of their family show that is going on today, they do children's CDs too. Kind of wish I was taking the kids to that one.) Okay, that sounds a little too much like I'm into sock puppets, which I am not. It was kind of funny though. So fun, fun times with Brent and we got to stay the night in Salt Lake too while the kids were with Grandpa Richard and Grandma Karen.

2 comments:

Kiirsi said...

Oh, come on...and what do you have against sock puppets?? ;-)

Cindy said...

You should make some sock puppets. I bet you could make some pretty awesome ones!