Sunday, November 15, 2009

Happy Birthday!

So Brent turned the big 4-0 last week! I can hardly believe it. He was 21 when we met. It seems like such a short time ago! I first saw him across the room at work, then a while later we started talking a little in the break room, then, well click here if you want to read about how we started dating. Who would think, when you take a summer job at a place you never in a million years imagined yourself working, that you will meet someone and eventually marry him?

He's had his goatee since I met him but about a month ago he started growing a real beard. At first I was unsure but he didn't get all Grizzly Adams about it or anything and I was also kind of like, "Dude, you're going to be 40 next month! Go for it!" He warned me years ago he'd have a long white beard someday. I don't think he's taking it there yet and there is still the distinct possibility that I will cut it off in his sleep if he ever does.

He likes things low key so we had a small family thing. Okay it was us and the kids. And I've finally perfected the birthday carrot cake with the addition of homemade cream cheese frosting and all whole wheat flour instead of half wheat half white. That was accidental but it was good. Semi healthy so you can eat without guilt or trans fats. Anyway, Happy Birthday Honey! I love you!

2 comments:

Kiirsi said...

Happy late birthday, ex-neighbor and friend!!

Kiirsi said...

Oops...I didn't mean that to look like it said "Ex-friend" too. :) Past and current friend!