Monday, July 13, 2009

Domestic Bliss


We went away for the 4th of July weekend and stayed in a hotel. Noah, of course, threw up on his sleeping bag. Isabella did too after drinking the big slushy drink and then going swimming and jumping repeatedly into the hotel pool. Luckily, she made it to the bathroom with no mess involved. What's up with my kids and throwing up in hotels anyway? So the sleeping bag has been waiting for me to take it to the laundromat to wash the barfy smell out of it. (The mess was wiped up well enough but the stink remained, of course.) I also needed to get the quilt on our bed washed since it is also too big to put in the washing machine and honestly, I don't recall ever washing it. So I figured, might as well make a day of it so I (and the girls) stripped every bed in the house, loaded up the van, and took off with the kids for the laundromat I had recently noticed next to the Albertsons. I know, I'm goofy, nutty, crazy, whatever you want to call it but I was so excited when I entered that laundromat. It was so clean! And organized! One wall full of nothing but washers and the opposite wall filled with dryers and lots of clean tables to fold things on! Impressive, I tell you. We got there just as a woman was unloading the four super-sized washers and filled them all up plus one smaller washer. While the stuff was washing, the kids each got their summer school workbook page done. The girls got their daily reading done while everything was drying. We had time to walk over to the bank next door too. It all took about 2 1/2 hours rather than the All Day+ project it would have been at home!

1 sleeping bag, 1 blanket, 2 comforters, 4 quilts, a bunch of sheets and pillowcases and shams equals: One Happy Me!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've wondered about that little launderette - I'm so glad you found it clean and so organized. It makes a world of difference. I will be using launderettes as I work my away across the country in the Hoopie.