Thursday, June 18, 2009

Twenty Years Ago

I cannot believe I have been out of high school for twenty years! I was thinking I don't feel that old but I think I'm changing that to "38 isn't old, darn it!" Tomorrow is the Jordan High School Class of 1989 20 year reunion. I wanted to go, then I didn't. I'd seen all these people on facebook so I didn't think I really needed to see them in person since I'd seen their pictures, and kids' pictures, employment status, etc. But my good friend Becky, who I've kept in touch with all these years, talked me into going. So now that it's here (almost), I'm kind of excited. Don't have super high expectations. Don't have to settle any old issues or find "closure" with anyone. So we'll just be hanging out in the back corner, making fun of people. Okay, not really (not much anyway). I did hear of a fun game Brent and I can play if we get bored. It's called "Who Won". The way you play is you look at a couple and decide who got the best deal, or is the winner, in the pairing. I hear it's great to play while standing in lines at Disneyland.

You were wondering what I looked like twenty years ago, right?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Time sure flies. I hope you have fun at your reunion.

Cindy said...

I just saw I wrote "closer" instead of "closure". Now I'm not sure I actually graduated from high school.

Ware Family said...

Wow, that's a great picture of you! Total hottie!
I was on bedrest with the twins during my 10 year. I heard it was not fun, but it would be interesting to see what happened to some people, to say the least!
Next time I am at Disneyland, you can bet I'll be doing the "who won" game in my head all day, thanks!!! :)

Anne Chovies said...

Woooooooowwww; 2o years. Anyway, hope you have fun. I heard that facebooko and the other social networking sites are cutting down on attendance at such reunions, for all the reasons you mentioned. Me, I've never been to any of mine. That's a fun sounding game. I'm going to ohave to start doing that, too.