Sunday, October 5, 2008

The Birthday Party

So the Friday after Zoe's birthday she had her birthday party. We did a scavenger hunt. (Or is it a treasure hunt? Not sure what the difference is.) The kids had a lot of fun searching for the treasure. I had a lot of fun planning it, always like getting crafty! And it was a record planning time for me- five days! It was threatening rain but the weather turned out just right. I made the party a little too long and girls were running around starting to get bored at the end but other than that it went off without a hitch. Brent made the cool treasure map above.

Running in search of clues


Reading a clue at the park


Puting the treasure map together


The treasure chest


The booty!




7 comments:

Anonymous said...

That party sounds so cool. My boys would have loved it. Brent did an awesome job on the map - so professional. I love the picture with Noah in it, looking at everything Zoe is getting!

The Evans Family said...

what a fun/cool idea - I may steal that from you someday when my kids are just a bit older!

happy birthday Zoe!

Jessy said...

I'm glad the party was a success. Ellie sure did have fun. We may use this idea sometime!

Kayleigh Mattison Hales said...

What a fun idea? I've never been a good enough mom to have parties where I actually invited other people. Of course, now that I'm older and much more mature...

Kayleigh Mattison Hales said...

That actually wasn't supposed to be a question. I guess I need to learn punctuation!!!

The Cook's said...

What a creative mama you are, I am sure it was a hit!

Anne Chovies said...

How fun! What a great way to run off some energy! Or did it just get them wound up? Either way, I bet they remember it as one of the funner parties they went to.