Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Oh, Man!

I made a stop at Victoria's Secret a while back. I'm married, I'm an adult, and this wouldn't be announcement worthy. But I have a reason here. I paid with my credit card and I DO NOT recall just giving them my address. So yesterday I get a mailer addressed to our address with the name Cynthia and no "S" like my last name should have. First of all, of course, my mind automatically drifts to what it would be like if I was actually named Cynthia with no "S" at the end of my last name...Hmmm...what would I be like? Would I be different? Mysterious?

Digressing here. So now I'm on Victoria's Secret's list. I know what it's like to be on their list. Back in the early '90s, before I was married, I bought some clothes from a catalog of theirs that showed up at my dad's house addressed to my step mom. A cute, long sweatshirt and leggings to go with it. Incidentally, a roommate of mine later stole the sweatshirt and I saw her wearing it around the house. I was stunned, who steals another persons clothes and then wears them in front of them? So I never said anything to her (she also owned the house, maybe she would evict me for calling her a thief?) I actually ordered the sweatshirt again. I know, what a chump. Weird story. Not nearly as weird as the time I made all the power go out in Magna, Utah though. That's a story for another day.

Anyway, back to being on their list. I then received their catalog at least once a month for the next six years or so. Finally, when half a decade went by without ordering anything they removed me from their list. I also had heard something about them streamlining their mailing list to weed out the pervs who weren't ordering stuff. So I guess I didn't make the cut. Not that I'm a perv or anything. So now I'm going to be receiving their mailings with emaciated teenagers posing in their underwear, showing off their fake lips and fake other things. Coming to my mailbox where my children occasionally like to get the mail. I'm gonna have to send some emails, make some calls I guess. Oh, man!

No comments: