Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Happy Anniversary!


Fourteen years ago today we were sitting in Brent's red Nissan truck waiting, and waiting, and waiting, for the rain to stop. The family and friends had all abandoned us after a few quick pictures and a few wails from the freezing children. We sat there and waited for almost an hour, us in one car, the photographer in the other. Good thing we got married on Memorial Day weekend or he would have been busy and probably would have been out of there. Finally it stopped and we got our pictures. The pictures we wanted taken at Memory Grove, because it was pretty and no one else we knew had wedding pictures at Memory Grove. After, we went back to the new apartment we would share, just the two of us, and we proceeded to scrub the mud out of the bottom of my dress. Then I ran over to the bridal shop, which was all abuzz on a Saturday afternoon with prospective brides doing their prospective bride shopping and just about yelled through the noise, "I need new shoes now!" It was my wedding day right then. Not these girls who would be waiting for who knows how many more weeks or months (or days, this is Utah after all). I needed new shoes to replace those shoes that were sitting in my new apartment, covered in mud. So I got my shoes and I was off to get ready for the reception or open house or whatever we were calling it. Mostly it was just me and Brent and about 40 family and friends hanging out in his Dad's backyard. Eating and chatting while Brent and I took snapshots of all these people and then some of them took snapshots of us. Good Day.







Honeymooning at Sundance & in Park City


2 comments:

Dorine said...

Happy Anniversary!! Isn't it great to hit those anniversaries and still be glad that you married your husband!! :) :)

Cindy said...

Definitely!